How I Wash My Makeup Brushes

11:26 am


Brush washing is a chore especially when you have a large collection. But there is nothing more satisfying then clean brushes laid out on a towel and the feeling next morning when you apply your makeup with a fresh brush... Ahhhh bliss. On a practical note keeping your brushes clean is vital as dirty brushes can cause breakouts,  and with care your brushes will last longer and stay in tip top condition.

So until this happens...


A girl can always dream!

This is the method I use. I find this method is the quickest for me and it cleans brushes thoroughly. So I gather all my brushes together and separate them i.e face from eye brushes. I use 4 pots/cups which I line in a row and they contain the following.

  1. Warm water
  2.  Warm water with a few drops of olive oil
  3. Baby shampoo
  4. Warm water



I take a brush dip it in the first pot of water to dampen, making sure I immerse the brush head only, as getting water on the brush ferrule will affect the glue and loosen the ferrule over  time. I then dip it in the second pot with the olive oil, this helps lift pigment out of the brush, then I dip it into the third pot with the baby shampoo in, you only need a tiny amount, I work the shampoo through the brush in a swishy motion on the palm of my hand like so.


I do this until the brush starts to swish soapy suds instead of pigments. I then start to gently pinch the brush head between my fingers from the top to the tip of the brush to work any stubborn stain/pigments from the brush hairs like so.


When I am happy that the brush is clean I dip the brush head into the last pot to rinse and place it on a towel to dry. Always place brushes on their side to dry, again to avoid water getting into the ferrules. I also change the water in the pots several times during the process. Once all my brushes are laid out I like to pick each one up and rub the ferrules and handles with a paper towel. Also I use clear nail varnish to paint over brush numbers so they do not fade, this is needed occasionally.

Phew all done....



Let me know what your tips and tricks are.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
ranktrackr.net