Face Primers For A Tailor Made Fit!

10:44 am



The cold weather has really started to set in and it has taken it's toll on my skin, my usual combination leaning towards oily skin has now developed a delightful flakiness around the nose area. This is a rare issue for me so I decided to shop my stash and see what I could put together to remedy this situation.



If you are anything like me and you have a few face primers on the go, each one mainly targeting one specific face need, i.e. control oil, smoothing pores, adding brightness etc. I am yet to find one that does all, so I decided to try more than one primer,  applying  them directly to the area were it's needed. This method is particularly useful if like me you have combination skin with various issues that need to be addressed. I am extremely pleased to say this method really works and has the affect of normalising the skin and creating the ideal base for your foundation.

Following moisturiser and sunscreen I start of with The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser  I apply a small amount over any areas were I have blemishes or post acne marks. This product has anti-bacterial qualities which act as a barrier so make-up does not irritate blemishes, and clog up skin further, I also find that when I wash my skin in the evening any red marks look less angry. I then apply a small amount of Kiehl's Micro-Blur Skin Perfector, under eyes to prime for concealer, on and around my nose and chin, I have raved about this product in a previous post (here) so I won't bang on too much, this leaves a lovely smooth canvas so make-up sits more evenly on the skin. Lastly time to get my non-disco-ball-glow-on with the, drugstore dupe of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, namely No7 Instant Illusions Rapid Radiance Balm , at £5 cheaper then Clarins,  so more bang for your buck, lovely light texture and no visible shimmer, basically good skin in a bottle,  I apply this to the tops of my cheekbones and all other high points of the face to add much needed glow to a otherwise grey complexion.

Next I apply my foundation, and then admire the results. When using this method you will find that the areas that were distressing you have been cleverly camouflaged, call me superficial (although if you are reading this we are like-minded and you won't judge) this just makes the day better! So give it a go and try your own customisable primer effect and let me know how you get on.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
ranktrackr.net