The 90's Lip

3:07 pm


I rocked the 90's lip, at the time, and as we're all feeling nostalgic for this fashion I thought I would bring together a edit of some drugstore options to create this look, and dare I say even emulate the overdrawn lip line trend a certain 'celebrity' has been sporting of late. I have mixed feelings about the overdrawn lip, as I have a naturally full mouth, and I want a Jenner'esqe look not the Joker. However as the 90's lip is a muted brown based, nudey pink - mauve I think I can just about get away with it! So ramble complete here are my picks



Lovely creamy consistency and pleasing lipstick smell although this is a tad lighter then the 90's lip, if your lips are naturally quite red it pulls just the right amount of mauve brown to pull the trend off, what's more at £5.49 it's a steal.  
Ah nostalgia times I actually used to wear this very same shade in the 90's and it's probably the first lipstick I ever bought, it was packaged differently in a burgundy coloured rectangular shaped bullet that you pulled up rather then twisted, the packaging looks more expensive now but as far as I can remember the shade and consistency are the same, this colour is the epitome of the 90's lip, darker then the first shade I mentioned, and a equal mixture of brown, pink and mauve, the colour can be a little draining so pair it with a nice fresh coloured blush to give it a modern twist.
I purchased this from eBay as this brand is not available in the UK, both of these colours are gorgeous, they have a creamy and nourishing formula, the packaging is very compact and you get two great options, Musk is slightly darker and more brown toned, and shade Lychee is more of a pinky mauve. Both colours are perfect with a smokey eye.
As I mentioned the liner is essential to this look and at £1, with a built in sharpener in the lid and a creamy formula this is a great option, I like to use this to line the lips and fill them in completely, this really plumps and defines, for a  long lasting matte 'your lips but better' finish,  you can either stop there or add the lipstick on top.
Rimmel you won me over at twist to sharpen, this is a beautiful nudey pink shade which does not drag or dry out the lips.  When I wear it I've had numerous compliments as it just makes your lips look so plump and juicy, it took me ages to hunt this down as it seemed to be sold out at all the Rimmel stands, needless to say I did some major make-up stand stalking.....you beauty addicts out there will know what I mean.

Another option which I couldn't locate amongst my stash,  but thought I would give a honourable mention,  as it's a perfect shade and in a chubby pencil form is Revlon Lacquer Balm in shade Ingenue.

Have you been rockin the 90's lip trend?



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
ranktrackr.net