Mac & Soap & Glory Undereye Concealer Magic

9:05 pm


Dark circles under my eyes is a constant struggle, it probably does not help that I never go to bed on time! I'd heard really good things about Mac Pro longwear Concealer (here) and went to the counter to try it on. I have been previously matched as a NC20. As you may know the Mac colour system works on the basis that if you are warm toned you should wear a cool toned base and vice versa to balance everything out. But with the under eye area you need to use a NW shade as warm tones help to counteract the blue and purple tones of dark circles.

I assumed that I should just pick NW20, but was convinced by the lady on the counter that this shade was too light and that I should have NW25. This looked great under the shop lights but in broad daylight I had orange circles under my eyes *shudders* I then exchanged this for NW20, which actually was too light.

So unfortunately with my current colour i.e my skin has not seen the sun for a very long time there is not a perfect match for me in this concealer.  However NW20 mixed with NW25 is a perfect shade on me. The formula is light and very pigmented, the coverage is meduim to high and it really does last for hours. My only complaint is that it can be quite drying on my skin.

So I thought I would mix it with my favourite liquid illuminator namely the Soap & Glory Hocus Focus Instant Visual Flaw-Softening Illuminator (here) to see if this would help make the area look a bit smoother and more hydrated. Tapped on with my ring finger then blending the edges away with a Mac 224 is a very effective mix and really does brighten things up.


Dream Team For Dark Circles

The search for  the one product wonder for dark circles continues, for the time being though I really am enjoying this mixture.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
ranktrackr.net