The Radiance Boosting Finishing Powders

9:21 am


The dreaded cake face is a thing of the past if you own any of the formulas I am talking about today. These powders do more then finish the skin and set your foundation. Everyone likes a little multitasking? Non?

My first love and foray into powder of the glowy variety  was Guerlain Meteorites (here) Gotta love those ballz! This formula prolongs the wear of your foundation and gives the most amazing halo like affect. Your skin looks perfected, when you catch sight of yourself during the day you do a double take, as your skin looks airbrushed. Whenever I get compliments on my skin this is what I am wearing. My only issue is that it is heavily fragranced, it smells of parma violets which adds to the luxury of the product but it can be quite irritating. So it is not something I can wear every day.

Georgio Armani Micro-Fil Loose Powder (here) is another good one with a different function. As well as setting your makeup it adds a small amount of coverage.  For reference I use shade 02. This basically fills and smooths out the skin, so pores look less visable. This has a very youthful effect on the skin. I really enjoy using this powder and I reach for it often. Although it is a bit of an investment you get bang for your buck, as you only need a small amount and you get alot of product.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette (here) this has three shades in it. Dim light is a light peachy colour which works really well as a finishing powder on me. Incandescent Light is a subtle illuminating Highlighter and Radiant Light is a warming shade which works nicely to shade the face and add dimension. This would be ideal if you are extremely fair and too pale for traditional bronzers. I like this palette as it is easy to carry in your bag for touch ups.

Last but definitely not least a really lovely drugstore take on glowing powder. Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder (here) to me this is very similar to the Hourglass Incandescent Light shade, but in loose powder form and more transparent. This can be used sparingly allover the face. It has a subtle rose smell and is especially nice used as a powder for under the eyes to set concealer.

If your not a powder gal, have I convinced you to give them a whirl?



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
ranktrackr.net