My Favourite Products For Contouring

7:13 pm


I have probably mentioned before that my cheekbones are non existent and from a early age I used to have cheekbone envy looking at my mom,  I had decided that I would wish for cheekbones should I ever discover a genie. Fast forward to the present and I firmly believe that with a little technique and the right products anyone can add some shape and definition to the face. Just to clarify I am not referring to the heavily mapped out contour that is still doing the rounds at the moment, this belongs on editorials and instagram. I am talking about subtle shading under the cheekbones, jaw and temple to define and shape the face.

Here are some of my favourite products, these products are extremely popular and are talked about all the time, and for good reason, because they work so well!

Kevin Aucoin The Sculpting Powder is a taupe/grayish shade, the formula is blendable and really allows you to carve out cheekbones. This is probably the most well loved contour powder ever, because it is so effective at faking supermodel worthy bone structure.
Nars Laguna this is a bronzer/contour it is a warmer shade and it has a small amount of shimmer but works well on my warmer skin tone. I like to brush it on the face in a three shape as you would a bronzer then go in under the cheekbone with a smaller brush to accentuate and define further.
Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow this as the name suggests is a cream contour and it works best for me in the winter when I am at my palest, it is a really cool toned colour so is a great option for extremely pale skins. The cool grey colour works well to mimic shadow on the skin.
Soap and Glory Solar-Powder this is budget friendly offing,  but doesn't compromise on quality.  There is two colours in the pan you have the option of a light or a darker shade which you can use individually or you can swirl both powders together. It looks very natural on the skin and blends well.
Benefit Hoola Bronzer this is my personal favourite because it is very finely milled and the colour is a such a balanced mixture of warm and cool tones that it is very flattering, it brings life to the face and really helps to define and add warmth.
What are your favourite contour powders? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
ranktrackr.net