Boots Botanics 97% Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm

2:29 pm



I have been curious about using face balm for a while now, but was a little reluctant to try them because I have combination skin. However thought I would give it a go as I have heard alot of positive things.

So I picked up Botanics Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm, because it was on offer £5.99 (its usually £8.99) and I liked the ingredients it contains. 
Apparently this product has been reformulated, I have not tried the old product, although the original version contained shea butter which causes breakout on me, so for me this version is a improvement. The balm is packaged in a simple white plastic tub, some may worry about this being unhygienic, but you are only going to dip in with clean hands, I use a cutton bud. The product itself is a light lime colour, it reminds me of olive oil when it has set, (it does contain olive oil) however don't let this put you off, it has a pleasant natural smell, which is not overpowering. It melts on contact with skin.





I actually really look forward to washing my face with this balm it is very relaxing, my preferred method is as follows, I remove eye makeup first and dampen the skin, take a small amount of the balm and rub it gently in upwards strokes on my face and neck, then use a clean flannel with moderately hot water to dab face gently, the dabbing motion causes suction, which gently removes makeup, pollution and all other yucky-ness of the day. Rinse the flannel and repeat a couple of times until your face is clean, I finish up with running the flannel under cold water and wiping my face one last time. Then follow with my usual skincare.

Following cleansing my face feels clean and really soft, and it has not caused any reaction. If you do wear alot of makeup you may want to pre-cleanse with something else, all you micellar water uses out there! But I just use the balm twice if I have heavy makeup on. 

To summarise good product, good price and gets the job done nicely.
Have you tried any of the Botanics range? They are a 1/3 off in Boots at the moment link, so now is a good time!

Thanks for reading
XoXo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
ranktrackr.net