Highlight, Contour and Blush!

9:10 pm


My mom has high cheekbones which I always wish I had inherited, fortunately I have learned that you can dramatically alter the appearance of your face shape with a few clever tricks. I am by no means a expert but just thought I would share a quick tip.

You will need a highlight colour, a matt neutral bronze colour which is 2-3 shades darker then your skin colour and your favourite blush. You will also need a blush brush, contour brush and Kabuki brush.

I am using Daniel Sandler Sculpt & Slim, (Link) Nars Mata Hari blush, (Link) and the brushes I am using are Mac 109 Contour Brush, Real Techniques Blush Brush and Mac 182 Buffing Brush.

Daniel Sandler  Sculpt&Slim, Mac 182 & Mac 109


Real Techniques Blush Brush & Nars Mata Hari Blusher

Following applying my base, I take the 109 brush, looking in the mirror I make a fish face, in other words I suck my cheekbones in, I do this to locate the hollows in my cheeks, and this is were the contour needs to be applied, then I relax my face and start to apply the dark contour colour from my Daniel Sandler palette, I end up with a line starting from my ear towards my mouth. Please refer to Diagram below to give you a guide.


Initially this will create a diagonal across your face, but don't worry this will all be blended out before your done. Key point to remember build the colour up slowly, you can always add more colour. 

Then I make a big smiley face in the mirror to locate the apple's of my cheeks and apply my Nars blusher using the Real Techniques blush brush in a tapping motion, again at this point don't worry too much about blending. 

I take my 109 brush again and apply the highlight colour from the Daniel Sandler palette to the very top points of my cheeks, 

Lastly I take the 182 buffing brush and very gently swirl the brush in a circular motion over my face to blend everything together.

Once done I look in the mirror and enjoy my chiselled cheekbones! 

Give it a go and let me know how you get on. 

XoXo 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
ranktrackr.net