My Guerlain love affair

10:32 pm

I like the idea of a signature scent and have flirted with many scents over the years. Although I am yet to find the 'one', I can safely say it would definitely be a perfume by Guerlain.


All Guerlain perfumes share the same extract which is called Guerlinade and is made up of bergamot, rose, jasmine, tonka bean, orris, gum resins, animal notes and vanilla. The Guerlinade can be traced back to when Aimé Guerlain created Jicky in 1889.

When I spray the gorgeous Petite Robe Noir with it black cherry top notes, or my favourite of the Aqua Allegoria range Lys Soleia, with its sun drenched stunning notes of Lilly, Insolence with its powdery violet notes, its both evocative and romantic that they contain extracts or a shared perfume DNA if you like of Jicky.

Jicky was the diminutive of Jacqueline, an English girl whom Aimé had fallen in love with but could not have due to the disapproval of her family. So he created the perfume to remember his old love.

I love the history of the perfume house, and I love the fact that even their most modern perfumes have a depth, life and substance.

Years ago me and my cousin Eliza used Samsara, it may have been too sophisticated for girls in their teens, however I remember the striking oriental notes and the realisation this scent was significant, poignant sensual.
I may sound whimsical, but every women should choose a signature scent and share in the rich history  of one of the oldest perfume houses.

House of Guerlain, my love affair with you will never end....


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
ranktrackr.net