Guerlain Shalimar the perfect scent this winter

8:52 pm


I love my perfumes complex with many layers the same way I like my music to have inteligent meaningful lyrics.
For me Guerlain perfumes just fit, I was after a new scent which was both grown up and suitable for the winter season, so I purchased Shalimar, this  fragrance was created in 1921 by Jacques Guerlain who was inspired by Mumtaz Mahal, the woman for whom the Taj Mahal was built. It is a oriental perfume, the top note of the fragrance is bergamot. The middle notes are iris and opopanax. The base note is vanilla. Initially the bergamot is sharp which I love it smells clean and comforting, when it dries down, that's when the magic happens the vanilla is sensual and sweet without being sickly.
Maybe some may think this perfume is a little dressy for daytime,  however I feel that it adds a touch of glamour and sophistication, even in skinny jeans and a jumper you are all made up, and why not let yourself feel that way every day!

Shalimar is my new favourite - I absolutely love it.

Do you change your perfume for the winter? What are you wearing at the moment?

XoXo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
ranktrackr.net