What I Carry In My Makeup Bag

8:22 pm


I enjoy having a nose in peoples makeup bags, so I thought I would show you what I carry around with me on a day to day basis.

As you can see I like options....  this is a paired down bag for a makeup maven like me.



Face Products
Just three in this category, Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick in shade 4 Natural,  this is a lovely creamy formula that is ideal for covering blemishes and redness, it is conveniently sized to carry around with you on the go. Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact Powder I use shade 53 Beige Clair, This powder is great for applying on the T-Zone when things gets a bit too shiny without making your face look cakey or overdone, it is hypoallergenic and non comedogenic so has not caused any reaction on my sensitive skin. Clinque Cheek Pop in shade 03 Berry Pop, firstly this little compact is just so darn cute, it just brightens up my day, the product inside is pretty awesome too.  The texture of this powder is so smooth that it glides on the skin,  it blends out leaving a truly natural looking flush. 

Eye Products
I have four products in this category, which can be used in several ways to create a variety of eye looks, Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow I have a post you can read here where I rave about how useful shadow sticks are, but to summarise highly pigmented, quick to use and great for muti-tasking, i.e quick wash of  colour, used as a eyeliner or my favourite line smoke repeat, till you reach the desired level of smokey. Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner in Black this is a must and I am on my third one, it is really black and creamy, it does not drag on your lids and does not irritate the upper waterline. Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in shade Nude, I love to use this on the lower waterline to brighten and open up the eyes, it is creamy and just the right shade for this purpose. Maybelline Great Lash Very Black Mascara this is a okay mascara, it is really black and it adds moderate length and volume, but it is a bit on the smudgy side.

Lip Products
My favourite category,  I have 5 lip products in my bag which is extremely reserved, I have been known to carry over 15!  Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in shade East End Snob this is a great shade, creamy and moisturising can be used to outline the lips, colour them in and leave it there or add lipstick/gloss over the top. Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in shade 105 Demure, this is my 'apply without a mirror option' every girl needs one in her bag, it imparts a touch of colour and gloss with a quick swipe.  Mac Patisserie this is another must have, the perfect nudey pink, your lips but better shade, it is a Lustre finish and smells so good. Guerlain RougeG in Madam Reve (Ltd Ed so no link) this option is my afternoon pick me up or going out after work lipstick, the formula is nourishing and contains hyaluronic acid, however dry your lips are it always applies super smooth and gives you a juicy looking pout. Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine I love this lip balm it is moisturising, smells nice and adds a tiny hint of colour.

I also carry my gorgeous Koyudo Powder Brush, it is a handy short handled brush which is soft and dense, it is great for applying powder and blusher. My current makeup bag is a lovely grey Kipling pouch with pink accents, it has a main compartment and useful zip pockets on either side, it is roomy and lightweight and was gifted to me by my lovely friend CC.

Are you still with me? Thanks for reading and let me know what you carry around with you in your makeup bag?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
ranktrackr.net